b.suite's sophomore year of business was amazing and I only have you to thank for that! So to celebrate how about a great deal?! Sale prices start Friday the 28th and will continue through Friday March 8th 2014. Stop in while I'm at the salon, call/text, or email me your orders. Hours vary so please coordinate a time to swing in. Questions? Ask me, this is my first sale like this so you probably aren't the only one with that question. Limited quantities of packages available and product sales are while supplies last.
As my humidifier is constantly running, my hand lotion is almost gone, and static is getting the best of me I remember it's deep conditioning season. Some of you have hair that requires year round extra moisture, but for the rest of us it's a good regimen to add to your winter tress. The following treatments are available at b.suite and here is how they work:
- Alterna Bamboo REHAB Deep Hydration Mask | A deeply moisturizing mask that intensely nourishes severely damaged hair back to health. This mask combines strengthening pure Organic Bamboo Extract with color-locking, damage-locking Kalahari Melon Extract leaving hair incredibly silky and shielded from UVA/UVB dry-out and other oxidative damage. With rinse-resistant Color Hold® UV+ Technology, it provides the highest level of color protection preventing color from washing out and fading.
Directions for use: After cleansing hair, remove excess water and apply to clean, damp hair. Leave on for 3 minutes. Rinse well.
- Alterna Bamboo Kendi Intense Moisture Mask | A deeply penetrating moisture treatment that combines strengthening pure organic bamboo extract with smoothing organic kendi oil. This intensively hydrating treatment nurtures frazzled strands infusing them with vital nutrients. It transforms rough, unruly hair into smooth, sleek strands while eliminating frizz and split ends and fortifying follicles for stronger, healthier hair.
Directions for use: Apply to clean damp hair. Leave on for 3 minutes. Rinse well
- Keratin Complex Blondeshell Masque | This luxurious masque blends hydrolyzed keratin with moisture-rich shea butter, creating the right combination of softness and strength for complete hair health. For beautiful hair now: Sweet almond oil smooths and conditions the hairs surface, enhancing highlights so the look their most vibrant. For healthy hair later: Powerful antioxidants help the hair protect itself against free radical damage and environmental aggressors.
Directions for use: Use as a weekly deep hydrating treatment to keep blonde and gray hair colors looking radiant and to maintain the results of the Keratin Smoothing Treatments. Apply generously to wet hair, concentrating on ends. Leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
- Keratin Complex Vanilla Bean Deep Conditioner | A deep conditioning treatment for all hair types with aromatherapy packed spheres of Vanilla Beans. An innovation in the science of hair nourishment. This deep conditioning treatment with bionutrient spheres of vanilla beans provides renewed shine and optimum nourishment, resulting in better hair quality.
Directions for Use: Shampoo hair. Apply a small amount in small sections over entire head. Cover hair with plastic cap for 10 - 20 minutes. Can be placed under dryer for maximum benefits. Rinse thoroughly. Proceed with styling. *I have plastic caps for your use
I get people in my chair that have a new texture to their hair, it's breakage! When I go through the list of things that could be causing this, most of the time it's a new hot tool. Most tools these days have a thermostat, if you are using a tool that doesn't, I urge you to consider replacing that old tool with a new one that does and turn down the heat.
Heat rapidly dries out hair, and if your hair is already colored or just naturally dry, then you should trim your hair more often and use masque conditioners to help keep hair healthy.
Start off your heat styling with towel drying a good portion of the water out of your hair. Use a blotting technique, not harsh rubbing. Then place your first product(s) in the hair before you turn on that blow dryer. I like to use Alterna Bamboo Kendi Dry Oil Mist and Alterna Bamboo Weightless Whipped Mousse. Direct air flow from roots to ends and try a concentrator nozzle. This nifty little nozzle should speed up drying time and help with frizz. Blow hair to the opposite side of where you want your hair to lay for the most volume. Dry your hair 100% before you put an iron to it!!! The heat of an iron can cause any excess water to blister the hair cuticle with steam. To add a ton of shine and close the cuticle, I like to blast hair with cold air after I blow dry or use hot tools. Most blow dryers have a built-in cold button. Cooling your hair off will also set your style.
When using curling irons, flat irons and blow dryers, you always want to choose one that is of professional grade. Anything that uses a ceramic or a tourmaline plate is good; they are much safer to use because of the metal coating. Professional tools get hotter faster and stay very hot, meaning you don’t have to hold the hair in the barrel or go over it as many times with a flat iron. Remember to constantly move the iron through your hair. For finer hair I would set the iron to 300-320 degrees, for more corse hair around 350-390 should to the trick, you can adjust if it's not doing the job. Starting off lower is always better. When flat ironing and curling, use a thermal protecting spray that has a little hold in it, or a very light-weight hold hairspray like Keratin Complex Flex Flow Finishing Spray.
To maintain style and ditch the shampooing and drying process every day try a dry shampoo. The time-saving formulas of dry shampoos are designed to soak up oil. To rehydrate without wetting, spritz a dry conditioner on thirsty ends every two days. Keratin Complex makes Lock Luster Nourishing Spray Conditioner.
1. Always use protection/ styling product
2. Blow dry in the direction of hair growth (roots to ends)
3.Turn the heat down to an appropriate temp
*Never put an iron to damp or wet hair
For my salon's and my own birthday I asked a suite-mate to apply eyelash extensions for me. I'm not one to wear make up all that often and I thought this service would help obtain a finished look without mascara... it sure did the trick! Not only did I forgo to eye make up most days but I was getting compliments on my eyes and even glasses everyday.
Here's the skinny; Kari at Bowdatious Salon (located inside Luxe Salon Suites) offers a full set of lashed for $100. You should not get them wet for a period of time, I think it was 12 hours, and stay away from steam at first. These lashes are glued to your individual lashes and fall out when your natural lashes release in their last cycle "life". If you want to maintain this look you can get a fill (refill those that had fallen out) every 2 weeks for $25 or every four weeks for $50. Besides being a great price Kari is the sweetest girl you will meet! She works Mondays, Wednesdays, some Fridays and Saturdays. Call or email to book your appointment: (608) 212-2534 firstname.lastname@example.org
My before and after: